Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Best Laid Schemes o' Mice an' Men Gang Aft Agley

Well, my last post ended up being a little pre-mature.  We had the stove fired from Wednesday, the 28th to Monday, Oct. 3rd.  I had planned to work on cutting wood after school that Monday, but my brother had other plans.  He had a bunch of alfalfa hay down, and we were due to get quite a bit of rain the following day, so I ended up helping him put up hay instead of cutting wood.  That meant that I had to let the fire go out and restart the electric water heater.

The rest of that week ended up being quite wet, so it wasn't until Friday, the 7th, that we ended up starting the stove again.  Marjorie has been our sole source of hot water since then.  She has been busy cooking and baking too.

Now to get down to more important posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment